Here I sit in my room. Hundreds of things running in my head and yet there is a strange kind of void. I can’t think of why I feel the way I am feeling. So yes, I quickly switch on my laptop and I am going to type the first five things I see when I lift my gaze from right where I am sitting. Here I go!
1) Mickey Mouse’s ears: Two gigantic ears of dear Mickey peeking out from a Snowhite cover. We had been to the annual church feast at Attur yesterday and the roommate bought a wall hanging/3-d Sticker/whatever you call it for the little cousin. It is resting inside a white plastic bag since we got back yesterday. It isn’t going to be a permanent resident of this room, perhaps the element that shall leave the room earlier than most others, maybe that’s why I noticed it first.
2) My pink water bottle: This is one of those ‘buy one get one free’ water bottle we get at Big Bazar. There is, say 50ml water remaining in the bottle. The first thing I must do after I type this up is to go to the hall and fill it up. Yes sir! Well, as I said ‘ buy one get one free’, this bottle has a blue colour twin who is resting inside the bag above my cupboard. No, I didn’t choose pink and blue on purpose.
3) Air tight container: Well, this is our snacks container. More like half eaten packets of biscuits and Chakkulis container. Right now, there is a packet of Chakkulis with probably 3 Chakkulis in it, a half eaten packet of Hide n’ Seek cookies and two Bourbon biscuits. *mentally makes a note to gobble these down before opening anything else*
4) Hit: Yes, Hit Cockroach killing spray. About three months back, we had a bad time with cockroaches appearing from all possible entrances to our room. So one fine evening, we set out at 7.45 PM, walked about half a kilometre and came back with this bottle of Hit. That very evening, we closed all windows, sprayed hit, locked the door from the outside and went to the terrace. We returned after an hour to find a carpet of unconscious cockroaches on our floor. Oh that was one tiring clean up session! But yes, Hit did help us a lot, A LOT!
5) Bricks in the ventilator: A room is provided with a vent for decent air flow which is very essential. The monkeys around our PG definitely do not think so. Monkey Menace was very frequent issue in the first floor of our PG and we the residents of the ground floor never bothered about it. Until, yes, until the day they invaded out neighbour’s room and sabotaged snacks, spilled the dustbin and disturbed most elements in the room. So as a precautionary measure, I have placed four bricks, which I hope are heavy enough for a monkey to not be able to push, in our vent. I do miss the rays of artificial light from the PG opposite to ours g that used to form a lovely rectangle on our wall late a night.
Till Next Time,
*Heads to Aqua guard with pink bottle* 😀